Thank you for your generous support of our 2017 Conservation Appeal! Your donation will help us purchase, protect, restore and manage natural areas and wildlife habitat in the Nisqually River Watershed. You may make a one-time gift or a monthly pledge to support watershed conservation all year long.
We have several options to make giving to the Land Trust suit your needs. If you choose to send a check by mail and want to include the donation in your 2017 taxes, just be sure that the postmark is dated no later than December 31.
- Donate by mail – Submit your check or credit card information (cash is accepted but discouraged). Please include a Donation Form (PDF).
- Call the Land Trust to charge your donation to your credit card over the phone: 360-489-3400.
- Donate stock – It’s easy to make a gift of stock to the Land Trust—and there are big benefits to you. A gift of appreciated stock allows you to make a larger contribution than a cash donation; it also helps you save on taxes. These instructions contain all the information you’ll need to transfer your stock. If you have any questions or need additional help with your stock transfer, please call our Development Manager at 360.489.3400
- Donate using an IRA Charitable Rollover – Instruct the institution holding your IRA to send a payment (in any amount up to $100,000) to the Nisqually Land Trust. The tax you would normally have to pay on that distribution is forgiven, and if you’re 70.5 or older, the donation is considered part of your Required Minimum Distribution. Also, the donated distribution doesn’t increase your Adjusted Gross Income. The payment must go directly from the IRA institution to the Land Trust. If you take it out yourself first, then send a donation to the Land Trust, you can deduct the donation if you itemize, but it will still increase your Adjusted Gross Income.
- Donate thru Washington State Combined Fund Drive – The Combined Fund Drive (CFD) is Washington State’s workplace giving program for active and retired public employees. State and higher education employees are invited to give to the charity of their choice through payroll contribution and agency fundraising events. The Nisqually Land Trust’s CFD number 0315004.
The Nisqually Land Trust is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.